Last minute holiday shopping to do? Don’t worry, there’s still time and we’re here to help with some great gift ideas! Last week we outlined potential presents sewers would be sure to love (check it out here if you missed it!) and this week we’re tackling boaters. Here are 10 ideas to surprise the boater in your life and get them excited for spring.
10 Great Gift Ideas For Boaters
1. Ultrafeed LSZ-1: A powerful, portable sewing machine for any project that comes your way. This zigzag/straight stitch machine is very versatile; make your own sails, covers, cushions, or use it for home sewing. And because it’s portable, you can use it on your boat, on the dock, or at home!
2. Snap Fastener Kit: Snap fasteners are so handy for all kinds of uses and this kit has everything needed to get started! Complete with 200 DOT® snap fastener components including: buttons, sockets, eyelets, eyelet studs, screw studs, and gypsy studs. Kit also includes Sailrite’s Deluxe Snap Installation Tool and a 1/8” hole cutter. All these tools are held in a waterproof, floatable, Otter box case.
3. Sail Repair Kit: A must have for every sailor! This kit brings together tools and supplies for repairing a ripped sail all in one place. Includes essential tapes and patch materials for sail, canvas, and vinyl repairs, needles, twine, thread, and sail palm (right-handed). All neatly tucked inside a waterproof, floatable Otter box.
4. New Boat Owner’s Essentials Kit: This kit is a Meguiar’s triple play that is sure to keep any boat looking shiny and new. Complete with Meguiar’s Premium Marine Wash, Premium Marine Wax, Quick Clean Spray, and an applicator pad. This 3-step system cleans, protects, and spot cleans between major cleanings. A boat owner essential.
5. Sailrite Edge Hotknife: Cut rope without frayed ends in one easy step with the Edge. This hotknife cleanly cuts rope, webbing, synthetic fabrics and any other material that would fray when cut with scissors. The Edge’s hot cutting blade heats up in seconds to deliver a precise, sealed edge every time. Comes as a kit that includes the hotknife body, R blade, cutting foot, plastic carrying case, wire brush and a hex key. Available in 110V or 220V.
6. WinchRite: Surprise a sailing friend with a WinchRite cordless, electric winch handle. Lightweight and weather resistant, the WinchRite has extended battery life to always be at the ready. Good torque at variable speeds. Use on all single and two-speed winches with a standard eight point handle. Comes with a drive cog, 12-volt trickle battery charge, 100-240 Volt AC shore power, and a storage tote bag.
7. Velocitek SpeedPuck: Delight the racer on your list with the SpeedPuck! The award-winning SpeedPuck provides real-time, on the water data for better race performance and speed accuracy. The SpeedPuck calculates speed by measuring the Doppler shift in GPS signals and tracks downloadable data for 30 hours of sailing (Mac and Windows compatible). Large, sunlight-readable digital readout.
8. Pres-N-Snap Tool: Get the tool the professionals use for quick and easy snap installation. The Pres-N-Snap tool is durable, easy to use, and accurate. Installs snaps with just the squeeze of one hand. Punches the hole as it installs for one step installation. Comes with 6 dies for standard snap fastener and #1 plain washer grommet installation.
9. Throated Sail Cover Kit: Sailrite kits are a great way to customize your boating accessories. Kit contains everything needed to make a custom throated sail cover to protect your flaked sail. Includes durable Sunbrella Marine Grade fabric in the color of your choice.
10. Gill Pro Sailing Gloves: These short-fingered sailing gloves offer 3 times the durability of other gloves! With excellent wet and dry grip, pre-curved fingers and seamless construction, these gloves protect your hands and stand the test of time.
To check out these and other great DIY gift ideas, visit www.sailrite.com.
Do you have any other great gift ideas for boaters? We’d love to hear them!